Managing a freelance business is a tough job. One has to single handedly perform multiple duties like meeting clients and customers, marketing products and services, maintaining accounts, drafting invoices, taking care of legal matters and so many others things apart from doing your normal routine work like creating designs, writing articles, etc. Being active on so many fronts and doing justice to each and every role, task and duty is not easy. So it happens that some important tasks and activities may get missed from your mind or you may not be able to perform them in the required manner. And missed deadlines, lack of quality work and failure to take note of important activities can prove to be quite damaging for your business’s reputation and viability.
So when individuals cannot handle things on their own, they need to take help of enterprising solutions that will better organize their work and other related affairs. This will enhance their productivity, improve their reputation and profitability. So these tools will not only enable them to perform their work in a better and foolproof manner, but will also give them more time to focus at their work as well as make them free from any unwanted worries and tensions.
So we will be sharing with you 8 utilitarian tools that will improve business's productivity and profitability. These aids can be bracketed under online collaboration and project management tools besides some other categories depending on the purpose they serve.
1. ProofHub: This online project management software enables better organization and planning in projects and these can be executed in a scheduled and systematic manner. It improves communication and collaboration among remotely located teams. They can resolve matters fast through online discussions where they can share their ideas and views. This enhances their productivity and saves time, effort and costs of a business. Tasks can be better distributed among members who can execute them in a timely manner. It enables effective time management. Progress over tasks and activities in a project can be assessed precisely and critically analyzed. This tool plays a vital role in the successful and timely execution of projects.
2. Skype: A business needs to communicate with its clients, customers and other important individuals and this online collaboration software enables easy and fast communication between them. This tool can be readily accessed from multiple devices like tablet, mobile, computer, home phone as well as TV which gives users more freedom and flexibility in communicating with their team members, clients and others. It facilitates communication through facilities like messaging, voice and video calls. It even lets you share videos, files and photos. It not only boosts business related communication, but it is also preferred choice for personal communication with your near and dear ones if they happen to be far and away from you.
3. Dropbox: This online application enables users to gain easy access to their files while they are online. Through it, a person can sync his files to a computer and use them while being offline. Users can access their documents and files from any computer, tablet or phone. They are allowed to show videos, edit documents and add photographs irrespective of their location in the world. Their data and information is rendered secure and safe from any accidents and can be restored real fast. Access of various individuals to data can be effectively regulated and controlled. It proves to be quite useful for storing any kind of data.
4. Harvest: Perfect time tracking and documentation can be conveniently achieved through this time tracking software. One is allowed to track time from any location from a desktop, mobile phone or web browser. It allows users to track time from even gmail, twitter and Zendesk. It has an intuitive interface which is quite easy to operate. Timesheets help to take stock of time entries filled in by a business’s employees. Through its reporting feature, one can clearly see how a business’s time is being spent in various projects and tasks. Invoices can be automatically created on the basis of hours spent in projects and expenses associated with them. So billing can be accurately and fastly done as per the billable hours.
5. Mint.com: This financial tool perfectly organizes information related to a user’s money matters such as budget and expenses. It gives him enhanced clarity over which personal needs he spent his money. So he can analyze whether he is spending his money productively or not. This improves an individual’s decision making ability over such matters. Users are better explained these things through charts. So they can make and set goals and plans for effective money management.
6. Blinksale: This online application enables easy creation of invoices and estimates. Invoice templates can be customized as per user needs. Its integration with Stripe allows a business to receive payments from its clients through a credit card as per the invoice. As Stripe charges less for its use, so businesses can keep more profit with them. Sending reminders, customized messages and tagging of documents help businesses to stay organized.
7. CurdBee: Invoices and estimates can be easily created through this tool. Apart from this, it tracks a user’s financial status, gives a clear account of his income and expenditure. He can also view his pending payments. Through graphs, one can track his sales and payment receipts over a period of 3, 6 or 12 months through graphs. Thus users can remain more productive. It allows them to assess the time spent in their projects and tasks and generate reports which gives them more clarity over their time.
8. MailChimp: This online application helps a businesses to design and send emails to its subscribers as a part of its marketing campaigns as per its unique needs and tastes. It allows a business to hold and organize its contacts in one place through customer profiles. This helps it to view and track a contact’s engagement, his website’s activity at a given point of time which helps it to target him at the right time as per his availability, so it can be more fruitful for a business. So it becomes easy for it to focus on different set of clients and customers and a guided email campaign can be set up to connect with them. Emails can also be scheduled to reach the specific customers at right time. Reports help a business to precisely track its sales and website activity. So businesses can grow more from their well directed marketing campaigns.
Image courtesy of [Kittikun Atsawintarangkul] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net